A policy thats designed to cover a buy to let property that offers you protection for your buildings and/or it’s contents. You may also want to include some kind of rent guarantee.
Landlords insurance for buildings and contents should include:
- loss or damage arising as a result of fire, storm, flood, falling trees, theft, malicious acts or vandalism
- loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant following damage caused by an insured event.
- legal liability as owner of the buildings for causing injury to others or for damage to their property
- home emergency cover
- contents only cover is only available in circumstances where the buildings is tied to another insurer, such as in the case of a leasehold flat.
See if your policy provides these benefits if not call us and we'll provide you with a competitive quote.
Landlords Insurance additional cover options
With Landlords Insurance, you can sometimes tailor your policy with the following optional cover:
- buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.
- contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants.
- legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breach of tenancy agreement and unpaid rent (certain limits apply).
Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.
This is only a summary of the cover, limitations and exclusions apply. Further details of what is and isn't covered are available in the Key Features Document.